The Bank Job
December 24, 1962
Barney demonstrates the bank's vulnerability to robberies.
Barney gets in a snit over the lax security at the Mayberry Security Bank and decides to prove his point when he slips by the bank teller dressed as a cleaning lady and accidentally locks himself in the vault. Later he is redeemed when real crooks are caught in a failed attempt to rob the bank.
- As Barney mops the bank floor as the cleaning lady, he hums and sings the traditional Irish folk song, "Dear Old Donegal".
- Barney supposedly locks himself in the bank vault. The vault has a back door, however, that they could easily use to get him out because it was featured in another episode. The episode where the back door plays a part is in Crime-Free Mayberry, season 2.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Jim Nabors in his role as Gomer Pyle.
- This is the second time Barney dresses himself up as a woman. The first was in The Bookie Barber.
- It's obvious in certain scenes that the building used for the bank is also Walker's Drugstore.
- The theme song for Mayberry R.F.D. is played while Barney is in the bank looking around.
- Throughout this episode, a fictional movie called "G-Men" starring actor Glenn Ford is mentioned. Ford never starred in any such movie, and there was actually a movie called "G-Men", but it came out in 1935 and starred James Cagney.
- The "Businessman's Special" for lunch at the drug store that day is a hollowed out tomato stuffed with avocado and raisins.
- "Now you're gonna Glenn Ford it all over town" - Andy to Barney
Behind the ScenesEdit
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|The Bed Jacket||One-Punch Opie|