This is a list of characters whose names are mentioned in dialogue, but who do not actually appear on The Andy Griffith Show.
- Al Becker (A Date for Gomer): Andy begins to tell a story about Al, yet no one knows him.
- Albert (Floyd the Gay Deceiver): Andy says hello to him.
- Art Crowley (Andy on Trial): He runs Crowley's Market
- Augusta Finch (Aunt Bee's Medicine Man): Passed away, Aunt Bee's exact age. Also went by "Gussie".
- Arthur (The Rumor): He calls the courthouse.
- Arthur Tarbox (Opie and the Spoiled Kid): He and wife moving out of town because people talk about other people too much.
- Alice (Goober Takes a Car Apart): mentioned
- Andrew Beasley (The Case of the Punch in the Nose) His boy once dated Emma Lars, who married Bobby Dribble.
- Barbara Edwards (Opie Loves Helen): Andy had a crush on her while in school.
- The Bellfasts (The Rumor): Opie spends the night with them.
- Benji (The Perfect Female): This girl's name is unknown, but Andy Taylor calls her "Benji" because he thinks she looks like Benjamin Franklin.
- Bertha (The Farmer Takes a Wife): Bertha was a friend of Jeff Pruitt, and he married her.
- Birdie Blush (Gomer the House Guest): Gomer has a bet with him that he can't catch a trout in a pool. When Birdie is excited he sounds just like a Jaybird.
- Blackie (Mr. McBeevee (episode)): Opie's invisible horse pet.
- Bobby Dribble (The Case of the Punch in the Nose) He married Emma Lars even though someone thought he hated her in grammar school.
- Bruce Newdale (Opie's Newspaper): Was chased by Karen Faulker when she fell at Elm St. park.
- Bunny Caldwell (Andy's Vacation): Gomer gave her a parking ticket. She calls Andy to verify it is for real.
- Buzz Jenkins (Man in a Hurry): Chicken thief.
- Carter French (Andy Saves Gomer): Works at the fire house. Is having a boiled dinner and Cribbage after.
- Cecil Gurney (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): A friend of Andy. He has two sets of false teeth and won't admit it.
- Charlie Deveraux: husband of Mrs. Deveraux. Barney says he isn't good-looking
- Charlie Eavers (One-Punch Opie): A friend of Andy's who rented his house on Grove St.
- Charlie Phelps (Barney's Sidecar): A local painter/artist in town who copies the Sheriff's logo onto Barney's new motorcycle.
- Charlie Varney (Hot Rod Otis): Otis sells his car to Charlie
- Clark Cooper (Aunt Bee's Invisible Beau): Clara's boyfriend of 5 years
- Clint (Three Wishes for Opie) : Works at the post office.
- Cornelia (The Cow Thief): Tate Fletcher's wife.
- Craig Fulton (Opie's Job): Floyd has trouble with his hair
- Claude Beamon, Sr. (The Family Visit): 4 generations, all going to church together
- Claude Beamon, Jr. (The Family Visit): 4 generations, all going to church together
- Claudette Beamon (The Family Visit): 4 generations, all going to church together
- Plain Claude Beamon (The Family Visit): 4 generations, all going to church together
- Doc Andrews (Aunt Bee's Medicine Man) Aunt Bee's Doctor, says we all aren't spring chickens anymore.
- Doc Caruthers (The New Doctor) Barney mentions "Old Doc Caruthers".
- Doc Green (The New Doctor) Barney mentions the past doctor.
- Doc Harvey (Barney's Physical): Asa get's the stretcher from Doc Harvey.
- Doc Mackenzie (The New Doctor Barney mentions the past doctor.
- Doc Winters (Quiet Sam): Lily Becker's doctor who is out of town when she goes into labor.
- Doug Palmer (The Merchant of Mayberry) Bert Millers asked Katherine Palmer about him.
- Dick Rinner (The Shoplifters): Wears a toupee.
- Dixie Belle Edwards (Otis Sues the County): Went bear hunting with Mary Pleasant at Great Dismal Swamp.
- DeVereaux's (Floyd the Gay Deceiver): Their home was used by Andy and Floyd to fool Madelyn Grayson.
- Ed Crumbpacker (Barney Runs for Sheriff): Ed goes hunting with Andy once a year.
- Edgar (The Cow Thief): Works at the newspaper.
- Edgar or Cousin Edgar (Andy and Opie Housekeepers) Aunt Bee visits her sick cousin in Mt. Pilot.
- Edna Fo(Class Reunion) Someone Andy went to school with.
- Earl Pike (Opie's Fortune): Bought his 57 year old son a new car for his birthday.
- Ed (The Bookie Barber): Ed is a friend of Floyd's.
- Edie Larson: (Stranger in Town) Joe Larson's mother.
- Effie Bartlett: (Mayberry Goes Hollywood) Her tv went out, has to get it fixed in order to watch wrestling.
- Eleanor Shroder: (Goober Takes a Car Apart) She calls Aunt Bee with the "strangest story".
- Ernie Walker (The Cow Thief): Owns a store across from the courthouse. -
- Ethel (Opie's Job): Someone kept calling the Courthouse looking for her
- Emma Lars (The Case of the Punch in the Nose) Married Bobby Dribble even though she hated him in grammar school.
- Fletch Roberts (Malcolm at the Crossroads): works at the depot; needs a bookkeeper
- Gilley Parker (Wedding Bells for Aunt Bee): Plays poker, but says he is at choir practice.
- George Pershing ( Barney's Sidecar)
- Gordon Bellfield (Mayberry Goes Hollywood): Barney tells how he took a guided bus tour to Gary Cooper's house.
- Gail Edwards: Clara Edwards son
- Halcyon Loretta Winslow (The Darling Baby): Barney could have gotten engaged to her but he thought she was ugly.
- Hannah Lou Smith (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): Ernest T. Bass broke windows in her greenhouse
- Harley: (Andy's Vacation) Andy is on the phone with him. He has dammed up "Snake Skin Creek".
- Harry Blake (Howard the Comedian) President of the Elks Lodge.
- Harper family (Opie's Job): Otis got drunk and drove his car through their rose garden.
- Harvey Willick (The Farmer Takes a Wife): Harvey runs a shoe store and needed a clerk.
- Herb Crowley (Andy Forecloses): Has old porch furniture for the rummage sale.
- Herb Mason (Goodbye, Sheriff Taylor): Andy's friend from Raleigh, who calls and offers him a detective job.
- Hog Winslow (My Fair Ernest T. Bass)
- Hogette Winslow (My Fair Ernest T. Bass): Hog Winslow's daughter. Ernest T. hit her in the head with a rock. Her name is French.
- Hoadie Snitch (Opie and the Bully): Andy's childhood bully.
- Hubacher brothers
- Hugo Hopfleisch - (Andy's Vacation) An old German soldier that Barney looks up to.
- James Arthur Beaslo (Andy's Rival): Runs the butcher shop; likes Lydia Crosswaithe.
- Jelsic Sturm (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): An acquaintance of Ernest T. Bass up in the mountains.
- Jim Stevens (The Merchant of Mayberry): He has a department store in Mt. Pilot and owes Andy a favor.
- Joe Larson: (Stranger in Town) Was in the army with Ed Sawyer.
- John Judson Bailey (Bailey's Bad Boy): Ronald Bailey's father and rich very and powerful.
- Johnson's (Barney's First Car) Own one of the nicest farms in the county.
- Juanita Beasley: Barney's secret girlfriend that works at the Bluebird Diner.
- Karen Faulker (Opie's Newspaper): Fell down and hurt her new at the Elm St. park.
- Katherine Palmer (Opie's Rival): She is a friend of Aunt Bee
- Laura Lee Hobbs (A Black Day for Mayberry) Works at the dime store.
- Leonard Blush (The Song Festers): Has a radio show out of Mt. Pilot. Voiced by Howard Morris who played Ernest T. Bass.
- Leonard brothers (Opie's Job): One of the brother got mad at the other and set his car on fire.
- Lily Becker (Quiet Sam): Sam Becker's wife and the mother of Andy Becker
- Limley Gilber (Opie's Fortune) His sister is Phoebe Gilbert.
- Lorraine and Howard Feltcher (Opie's Fortune) According to "Mayberry After Midnight", they are getting a divorce. Lorraine apparently drinks too much.
- Louise Palmer (The Sermon for Today) and (Bargain Day) : She lends her sewing machine to Aunt Bee. Later Aunt Bee says she may know someone who can fix the freezer.
- Mabel Stoner (The Bed Jacket): Mayor Roy Stoner's wife
- Martha Hendricks (Aunt Bee's Invisible Beau): Married to Mr. Hendricks
- Mary Pleasant (Otis Sues the County): Notary at the bank.
- Matt Merlis (Barney Mends a Broken Heart): A friend of Opie's
- Maude and Cora Mendlebright: (Man in a Hurry): Sisters who visit by phone on Sundays. Cora lives in Mt. Pilot and Maude in Mayberry.
- Maya Lambert: (Opie's Newspaper) Played a raindrop in the school play.
- Melinda Kiefer (The Perfect Female): She was from Detroit. Barney Fife once set up a blind date for Andy Taylor with her, but Andy didn't like her because she had fat knees and talked a lot.
- Melvin (The Rumor) Has signs for privacy that read Quarantine, saying he has cholera, yellow fever and the bubonic plague.
- Merlin Bracey (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): See's Ernest T. throwing a rock near Mrs. Mingus' house.
- Millie Fulton (Opie's Job): Her husband is Craig. She hit him across the head with a broom handle one night when he was sneaking in.
- Milo brothers (Barney's Sidecar) Veterans that Andy said the motorcycle belonged too.
- Mrs. Armbruster (The Pageant) Works at the library and is a little bitty woman.
- Miss Burton (The Shoplifters) Sweet woman who never complains. Has a husband named Sam who drinks heavily.
- Miss Cleta (The Rumor) Andy says she has a pretty black oilcloth coat
- Mrs. Farley (A Deal Is a Deal): Barney goes to her home to get a cat out of tree.
- Mrs. Jason (Opie and His Merry Men): Fruit and vegetable bin was raided
- Miss Johnson (The Mayberry Band):
- Miss Kelsey (The Bank Job): Is away to Mt. Pilot. Barney takes in her laundry.
- Mrs. Mason (The Great Filling Station Robbery): She develops film down at the drug store.
- Mr. McGinnis (The Rivals): Has an apple tree to climb.
- Miss Mingus (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): Ernest T. Bass broke a street light in front of her house.
- Miss Moddler (Briscoe Declares for Aunt Bee): A neighbor of the Taylors'
- Miss Racine (The Family Visit): Aunt Nora makes Andy talk to her on the phone. She drives a bakery truck.
- Mr. Crenshaw (Opie's Job): Billy Crenshaw's father who is sick
- Mrs. Crutay (Andy's Vacation): Her cat Queeny is stuck up a tree.
- Mr. Edgar (Mr. McBeevee (episode)): Owns a carpenter store.
- Mr. Johnson (The Pickle Story): He is Clara Johnson's deceased husband.
- Mr. Malony (Sheriff Barney): He was the sheriff of Greendale.
- Mr. McMillan (Andy's Rich Girlfriend): He is Peggy McMillan's father, very wealthy, and owns a company in Raleigh.
- Mr. Perkins (A Date for Gomer): Barney doesn't want to stand in a stag line with him and teenage boys.
- Mrs. Pervis (The Rivals): Called the office to say her cat was on the roof
- Mrs. Porter (Opie and His Merry Men): Had a whole ham stolen
- Mrs. Pruitt (Opie and His Merry Men): Had half a turkey missing
- Mr. Snyder (Opie the Birdman): A handyman
- Mr. Stoner (The Loaded Goat) Mayor Roy Stoner's brother. His brother promised the new underpass would run by his gas station.
- Mr. Twyford (Andy's Rival): A school board member
- Mrs. Cox (The Bookie Barber): Mrs. Cox is Opie's second grade teacher
- Mrs. Deveraux (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): Barney says she is ugly.
- Mrs. Fletcher (The Big House) Pete Dooley splashed mud on her with his truck.
- Mrs. MacKnight (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): Andy mentions she's recently lost a lot of weight.
- Miss Peterson (High Noon in Mayberry) Has a cat named Fluffy stuck on her roof. Fluffy has kittens.
- Mrs. Peters (Opie's Job): She calls Mr. Doakes to order some food.
- Mrs. Purdy (Bailey's Bad Boy): Opie broke her window with a rock.
- Mrs. Pyle (The Sermon for Today): Goober's mother and Gomer's aunt
- Mrs. Tucker (The Pickle Story): She is Reverend Tucker's wife and entered pickles into the contest.
- Mrs. Vickers (The Loaded Goat) An elderly lady who thinks the blasting of the new underpass is coming from Union soldiers.
- Mrs. Von Roder (Opie Loves Helen): The beast of the 4th floor.
- Mrs. Webster (Quiet Sam): Taught a biology class that Andy flunked.
- Ms. Magruder (The Bank Job) Barney poses as Ms. Magruder's cousin.
- Myra Kountze (The Shoplifters): She works at the lingerie shop. Barney has a story about her, but never gets around to telling him.
- Nat Pike (Quiet Sam): Opie's 4 year old friend who claims a penny hit by lightening is worth 6 cents
- Nathan Tibbs (A Plaque for Mayberry) A revolutionary war hero.
- Nelvin (The Rumor): Andy talked to him on the phone. Nelvin had put up disease signs on his property to scare away peddlers. Andy: "Now take down them disease signs, Nelvin."
- Oliver Gossage (My Fair Ernest T. Bass): Andy's cousin from Raleigh. Ernest T. Bass posed as him.
- Oscar Skinner (Cousin Virgil): Otis tried to get a job from him at the feed store
- Pete Dooley (The Big House): His truck splashed mud on Mrs.Fletcher
- Phoebe Gilbert (Opie's Fortune) Barney took out Phoebe once, to "Blue View" restaurant. She has a sister named Limley Gilbert who works at the beauty shop.
- Ralph Baker (Barney's Replacement): Andy's friend in the State Attorney's office.
- Red Aiken (Opie's Fortune):Wedding announcement was in the Mayberry After Midnight paper.
- Reverend Aiken (Alcohol and Old Lace): Andy mentions deputizing him to help snuff out moon-shining.
- Reverend Dargood (The Pageant) Directed Aunt Bee's childhood play "The Little Princess".
- Rhoda Apple (Opie's Fortune) Is getting married.
- Richie Ferarra (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): He owns a hardware store. Ernest T. Bass broke some of his windows
- Robert and William Buntley (Stranger in Town): Twins of Mrs. Buntley.
- Romena (actually Ramona) (The Education of Ernest T. Bass): Ernest T. Bass says he is in love with a girl in the mountains named "Romena".
- Sam Burton (The Shoplifters) Is married to Mrs. Burton. Drinks heavily.
- Sam Eppley (The Cannon) owns a motorcycle.
- Stuart Simmons (The Bookie Barber)
- Sarah: Phone Operator for Mayberry
- Tex Ritter (The Pageant) Mentioned by Barney Fife.
- The Wilsons (Andy Forecloses): Have a new lawnmower, so their old one could go to the rummage sale.
- Tilly (Barney's Sidecar): Mrs. Beggs sister with unusually long teeth.
- Tom Biggers (The Farmer Takes a Wife): He was a relater.
- Tommy Griff (Andy Saves Gomer): Opie's friend who has a newly paved driveway.
- Tracy Rupert: Carved his initials into the city's cannon.
- Tyla Lee (Prisoner of Love): Andy tells the story of how Tyla met her husband. They live in a little yellow house just up from the courthouse.
- Uncle Nat (The Loaded Goat): Otis (who is drunk) mistakes the goat for his uncle.
- Vicky Harms (The Rivals) Use to sip out all the syrup from Barney's sno-cones.
- Viola Slat (Ernest T. Bass Joins the Army): Barney doesn't like her; says she is a gossip
- Virgil Hodge (The Jinx): Barney said he was jinxed.
- Virgina Beasley and Early Gilley (Opie's Fortune): An engaged couple
- Wadey Huff (The Cow Thief) A farmer who, like Tate Fletcher, has his cows stolen.
- Wayne Devereaux (Wedding Bells for Aunt Bee): Keeps a picture of Myrna Loy in his pocket.
- Wendall (The Mayberry Band)
- Widow Bradshaw (Malcolm at the Crossroads): Ernest T. Bass didn't like her
- Wilbur Hennessey (Stranger in Town): Got drunk and fell out of room 209
- Wilton Blair (Barney's Physical): Barney met Thelma Lou at his funeral in 1960.