Myers Lake is the main fishing hole just on the outskirts of Mayberry in Stokes County. It's the main fishing area where locals fished, camped and kids played; it's also a place where men would take their dates. In Return to Mayberry, Ernest T. Bass made it appear to have a monster lurking in its waters.
- Andy and Opie walk to Myers Lake in the opening sequence to The Andy Griffith Show.
- Barney gets lost with Gomer while on a camping trip with Andy, Opie and his friends.
- Opie and his Merrymen find a hobo camping near Myers Lake.
- A convict is captured from a sinking canoe in Myers Lake, after Andy tricks him into thinking it's a quick getaway.
- Barney and Andy bring their dates "parking" up at Myers Lake.
- Barney (with the aid of Andy) re-catches escaped convict Eddie Brooke.
- Ernest T. Bass creates the illusion of a monster in the waters at Myers Lake.
- Andy and Helen have an interrupted date at Myers Lake. (Andy and Helen Have Their Day)
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Franklin Canyon Park, LA was the location of "Myers Lake".