Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Myers Lake is the main fishing hole just on the outskirts of Mayberry in Stokes County. It's the main fishing area where locals fished, camped and kids played; it's also a place where men would take their dates. In Return to Mayberry, Ernest T. Bass made it appear to have a monster lurking in its waters.
- Andy and Opie walk to Myers Lake in the opening sequence to The Andy Griffith Show.
- Barney gets lost with Gomer while on a camping trip with Andy, Opie and his friends.
- Opie and his Merrymen find a hobo camping near Myers Lake.
- A convict is captured from a sinking canoe in Myers Lake, after Andy tricks him into thinking it's a quick getaway.
- Barney and Andy bring their dates "parking" up at Myers Lake.
- Barney (with the aid of Andy) re-catches escaped convict Eddie Brooke.
- Ernest T. Bass creates the illusion of a monster in the waters at Myers Lake.
- Andy and Helen have an interrupted date at Myers Lake. (Andy and Helen Have Their Day)
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Franklin Canyon Park, LA was the location of "Myers Lake".