"Mayberry Sun" is a small paper operated and ran by Opie Taylor and Howie Pruitt printed on a print machine that Howie got for his birthday. After their first failed attempt at creating a newspaper, they printed local town gossip. After Aunt Bee, Andy and Barney discovered the new "Mayberry Sun" they quickly did their best to stop them from being distributed.
- Karen Faulker fell down at the Elm St. playground chasing Bruce Newdale.
- Score of baseball game.
- Troy Bowden got a pear after forgetting his lunch.
- Maya Lambert will play a raindrop in the school play.
Gossip within the paperEdit
- Mrs. Foster's chicken a'la king tastes like wallpaper paste
- Sue Grigsby is a blonde from a bottle.
- Reverend Tucker's sermons are dry as dust.
The first round of papers were priced at 3 cents. After Opie and Howie changed their format, they handed out free samples.