April 1, 1968
Sam Jones invites an old friend from Italy to work on the farm.
- This marks the final episode of The Andy Griffith Show, and serves as the pilot for Mayberry R.F.D..
- The train Mario and his family get off of is from the Union Pacific railroad and has its yellow paint job with silver wings on the nose of the engine. Incidentally, I can't recall if the California based railroad ever got as far east as North Carolina.
- Andy Griffith as Sheriff Andy Taylor
- Ron Howard as Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier as Aunt Bee Taylor
- George Lindsey as Goober Pyle
- Aneta Corsaut as Helen Crump
- Hope Summers as Clara Edwards
- Jack Dodson as Howard Sprague
- Ken Berry as Sam Jones
- Buddy Foster as Mike Jones
- Gabrielle Tinti as Mario Vincente
- Letitia Roman as Sophia Vincente
- Bruno Della Santina as Papa Vincente
- Almira Sessions as Mrs. Fletcher
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|829 A Girl for Goober||none|