April 10, 1967
Plot Wanting to perk up business and draw more clients to the filling station, Goober has Wally agree to have a sweepstakes. Chaos ensues when Goober makes a clerical error with the stationary company who made the prize envelopes and Floyd wins an erroneous prize for $200 (when in actuality the entire budget for the prizes was $200).
Trivia and Notes
- This marks Howard McNear's last appearance as Floyd.
- Aunt Bee wins a $5 prize.
- Andy references a tornado that hit Mayberry 12 years prior so the year of that storm can be assumed as 1955 (since this episode aired in 1967).
- Andy Griffith as Sheriff Andy Taylor
- Ron Howard as Opie Taylor
- Frances Bavier as Aunt Bee Taylor
- Howard McNear as Floyd Lawson
- George Lindsey as Goober Pyle
- Rob Reiner as Joe
- Owen Bush as Mr. Hammond
- Edgar Hess
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Opie's Most Unforgettable Character||Opie's First Love|