Aunt Bee the Warden
March 12, 1962
- "Oh No! Not Bloody Mary!"
- ―Otis (about Aunt Bee)[src]
Aunt Bee takes it upon herself to reform Otis.
The Gordon boys are brought in for moon-shining, and when Otis arrives for his regular stay at the jail, there is no room at the inn. When the Gordon boys accuse Otis of turning them in, Andy has no choice but to take Otis home to let him sleep it off at the Taylor House . Come morning, Otis finds that he's been turned over to "Bloody Mary," aka Aunt Bee, who decides to rehabilitate Otis once and for all.
- Andy is shown with a cast on his arm, supposedly from a sprained wrist he got bringing in the Gordon boys. This is because, in real life, Andy Griffith supposedly sprained his wrist driving his fist through a wall. The reason for this seemingly uncharacteristic outburst has been debated for years.
- In a blooper, as the delivery man opens the back doors of the truck for Aunt Bee who is looking for Otis, a microphone boom can be seen in the reflection of the driver side window.
- Otis sings the Larry Clinton song "The Dipsy Doodle".
- Andy wears a gun in this episode.
- Otis says he is through with drinking at the end of this episode, but he will return to it later.
- Barney: Great work, chief. Who are they? What'd you get 'em on? 502? 626? 308? Want me to send out an "APB"?
- Andy: An "All Points Bulletin", Barney? They're already here; they're captured.
- Barney: Now here I've got a leather craft set, a wood craft set, a metal craft set, and.. a Mr. Potato Set! Now, c'mon, pick any one you want, don't matter to me!
- Junior: I'll take the Mr. Potato set.
- Otis: "Andy you gotta get me out of this! She's about to work me to death!"
- Andy: "Aunt Bee?"
- Otis: "Aunt Bee?? Bloody Mary!!"
- Aunt Bee: “Otis? Otis? What was that you said about being a prisoner?”
- Otis: “Oh I said…I’m a prisoner in this house and I expect to be treated like one.”
- Aunt Bee: “Well, if you’re a prisoner, I’m responsible for you, and that makes me the warden!”
- Otis: “Oh Aunt Bee don’t holler so much, please. I got a head that feels like it was in a drawer all night. Now will you go away?”
- Aunt Bee: “Get up prisoner and get to work!”
- Otis: “Work!?”
- Aunt Bee: “That’s right and you can start with your room! Clean it up!”
- Otis: “Clean? OH! Andy! Where’s Andy? I’m a prisoner!”
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|The Merchant of Mayberry||The County Nurse|